When life gives you lemons…make iced tea!
Stay refreshed in the scorching weather with an incredible iced teas made from our Perfect Peppermint, Exceptional Earl Grey or Docile Dragon Well Green Tea. It’s our favourite summer drink!
Iced teas are best made with really high quality loose leaf tea like ours.
You can be as adventurous as you like! We love sliced lemon with the peppermint tea, a slice of orange with the earl grey and a sliver of fresh ginger in the green tea! We have a sweet tooth at Hot Elephant HQ, and so we like to add a generous spoon of golden honey.
They are super simple to make using either the hot brewed or cold brew method.
Hot brewed iced tea:
- Place 5 heaped tsp of loose-leaf tea in a one litre heat proof jug or teapot.
- Add 330ml of freshly boiled water (or if making green tea, water that is just off the boil at around 80 degrees).
- Infuse for 5 minutes and then top up the jug with cold water.
- Strain and enjoy over ice!
Cold brew iced tea:
- Add 1 heaped tsp of loose-leaf tea per 200ml of water in a pitcher.
- The water can be room temperature or cold.
- Infuse for at least 6 hours in the fridge (or for a fuller flavour, overnight).
- Strain and serve over ice
The iced tea will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days (if it lasts that long!)
It’s perfect to make in advance, enjoy in the garden or take with you when out and about on long summer days!